iDrive Nissan Navara D22
iDrive Windbooster Throttle Control Suits Nissan Navara D22 2008-2015 2.5L Engines
Your iDrive will be posted with Insurance and Tracking
This item is instock and will be dispatched same day or next business day
Rather than a traditional accelerator cable, many modern vehicles use 'fly by wire' throttle technology. This system relies on a sensor that measures the pedal pressure and position and sends a signal to the vehicle's engine computer which converts to acceleration. Many of these fly by wire systems have a noticeable delay. iDRIVE allows you to tune the signal from the accelerator pedal with multiple inbuilt settings to ensure you find a setting that suits your driving style, although there are other products on the market that can offer this performance.
So what makes iDRIVE different?
iDRIVE includes an automatic control function that changes the level of throttle performance based on pedal pressure. So if you are in traffic and accelerating gently the iDRIVE will select setting 1. If you are accelerating hard to overtake, towing a heavy trailer, or just having fun the iDRIVE will select 9. The result is the smoothest aftermarket control module on the market. We are so confident you will love your iDRIVE if you don't we will give you your money back.
Multiple settings ensure iDRIVE suits everyone's driving style
- ECO Mode is designed for the economy by reducing the accelerator response time. Also handy when you are on the trails and looking for a bit more throttle control when crawling.
- Ultimate Mode offers 9 sensitivity levels, this allows the driver to tune the controller to the desired level of sensitivity. Choose level 9 and grip the steering wheel tight or hit level 1 for a gentle smooth acceleration.
- Automatic Control Mode automatically selects the sensitivity level based on pedal pressure. If you are in traffic and accelerating gently the iDRIVE will automatically choose a reduced level of throttle response. If you accelerate hard for overtaking or just even just for fun the iDRIVE will choose a mode with an increased level of throttle response. Automatic Control mode is what makes iDRIVE the most intelligent throttle controller on the market
How To Install
- Turn ignition off.
- Unplug the connector plugged into the accelerator pedal assembly.
- Plug the iDRIVE connector into the vehicle’s accelerator pedal. Be cautious not to force into position as this may result in bent pins in the plug. iDRIVE connector should fit easily into position. Although removing the accelerator pedal from the firewall is not required, it may make access to the plug easier.
- Re-fit connector into the iDRIVE.
- Using cable ties supplied, securely mount the iDRIVE cable in a position that will not affect the operation of the pedals.
- Mount the control module on the dash in a position that is easy to access. You may want to check the position at night to ensure the display doesn’t affect night driving.
iDrive Toyota Prado 150 Lifetime Warranty
We work hard to ensure the quality of our products is second to none and iDRIVE Australia will guarantee your iDRIVE for the lifetime of the product to be free from material and workmanship defects. Please hold on to your proof of purchase and contact us if any problems should arise. This warranty is available to the original owner of the product and is not transferable. iDRIVE Australia reserves the right to replace, repair or refund at our discretion and all costs associated with returning the product shall be borne by the customer seeking a warranty.
How does the iDRIVE work?
The iDRIVE throttle controller modifies the voltage signal from the fly-by-wire pedal assembly to allow you to tune the response from your accelerator pedal and greatly reduce throttle lag. The iDRIVE plugs directly into your pedal command module and can generally be installed in as little as 5 minutes.
Does the iDRIVE increase horsepower?
No, iDRIVE throttle controllers will not increase power output. They have no control over fuel mapping, air to fuel ratio or injection timing. The iDRIVE simply changes the way your throttle responds, eliminating any lags or delays in the throttle system and sharpening response. It essentially gets rid of the feeling that there’s a big wet sponge sitting underneath the accelerator pedal of most modern cars with the fly-by-wire system.
Is iDRIVE suitable for towing?
iDRIVE throttle controllers are very useful for towing as they help get your vehicle up to speed from a standing start while using less effort, placing less strain on your motor and using less fuel. Especially handy around town where there is a lot of stopping and starting.
What transmission does the iDRIVE work with?
iDRIVE throttle controllers are suited to both manual and automatic transmissions.
Is the iDRIVE hard to install?
On the vast majority of vehicles, the iDRIVE can be installed in under 2 minutes with no tools or technical knowledge required. Every unit comes with a clear set of instructions that take you through a step-by step installation. The iDRIVE was always designed with plug and play application in mind, so anyone anywhere can reap the benefits of an iDRIVE in their vehicle.
Is the IDRIVE universal or vehicle specific?
Although every iDRIVE shares the same main hardware and applications, each iDRIVE is specifically
programmed to each vehicle, meaning they are not transferable across makes and models. Please check our application guidelines for the makes/models we can supply an iDRIVE for.
Is the iDRIVE suitable for petrol engines?
The iDRIVE can be used on both naturally aspirated and forced induction petrol and diesel engines.
Can’t I just press the accelerator harder?
iDRIVE throttle controllers work in two ways. When you first depress the pedal, there is what is referred to as a dead zone, where there is very little response, no matter how hard you hit the pedal, nothing happens. The iDRIVE converts this dead signal to action, completely eliminating the dead zone. The second part of the iDRIVE's function is opening the throttle earlier in the pedal stroke, which cannot be replicated by pressing the pedal harder or faster. No matter what people tell you, or how skeptical they are you cannot simply slam the pedal harder, every iDRIVE comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee for this very reason, every single day we are turning skeptics into believers. If someone isn’t 100 percent happy and satisfied with their iDRIVE, they can simply return it for a full refund, that is how confident we are in our product. We are always on the lookout for people trying to leave negative comments about the “science behind the iDRIVE' or people who don’t believe in its functionality as we love sending these people a free iDRIVE to test for themselves, and it’s fair to say we very rarely get the iDRIVE back.
Will the iDRIVE work with other modifications?
- Aftermarket Cruise Control – To date, we have not come across an aftermarket cruise control system that is not compatible with the iDRIVE.
- ECU Tune/ Re-flash – iDRIVE’s can be used with any ECU Tune and re-flash as they don’t change throttle parameters.
- Power chips/exhaust – iDRIVE's work on a completely different internal system than power chips and exhaust systems, making them a great compliment for these two modifications.
Will an iDRIVE void my new car warranty?
Any aftermarket modification/ non-genuine product can potentially impact your new car warranty.
Unfortunately, new car warranties are not a blanket warranty in Australia and are often interpreted differently from dealership to dealership. We tackled this issue early on in our journey through extensive testing on new cars and found a correctly fitted iDRIVE absolutely can not damage a vehicle in anyway. Every iDRIVE also comes with the factory setting mode so that if it develops a fault in can be turned off and won't affect the drivability of the car. Installation only takes a few minutes, so if you ever have any concerns, simply unplug the iDRIVE and return it to us for a replacement/refund.
My iDRIVE doesn’t turn off?
iDRIVE throttle controllers don’t require their own power source. They rely on power from the accelerator pedal, which runs of the ignition system. In more than a few vehicles when power is cut to the ignition, many accessories such as the radio, headlights etc. take time to power down, the iDRIVE will switch off with these, it cannot stay powered for more than 30 seconds once the ignition is off. Sometimes this iDRIVE may also switch off due to inactivity, such as long periods with cruise control on, however, the moment the accelerator is pressed again the iDRIVE will switch back.
Please Note this presently has a 14-day delay on delivery
WARNING - Please note this product will increase the responsiveness of your motor vehicle in particular acceleration. So be aware of this.
Also, we suggest you check with your insurers and manufacturer that this product will not void any warranties or Insurances.